Year Opens with Numerous Recalls of Defective Children’s Products
When children are exposed to defective products, the results can be tragic. But this tragedy is compounded when the very products intended to keep children safe are the items that pose the hazard.
The early weeks of 2012 have been accompanied by a number of recalls of dangerous child carriers, high chairs, children’s beds and defective car seats. Among the major recalls of potentially dangerous children’s products recalled so far this year are:
- Thule Chariot children’s bicycle trailers with serial numbers from 1205-xxxx to 0710-xxxx; the bicycle’s hitch connection can break, causing the child trailer to detach from the bike and posing an injury risk to the child
- Land of Nod Blake model children’s bed frames; there is a gap between the footboard’s top rail and mattress, which can cause a child’s torso to become entrapped
- IKEA Antilop high chairs with model numbers 701-467-92, 501-467-93 and 300-697-24; the restraint buckle on the chairs can open unexpectedly, allowing the child to slide and fall out of the chairs
- Dorel Juvenile Group child restraint seats with multiple model numbers; center-front adjustors may stick and not properly engage in the event of vehicle impact, posing an injury risk to the child
- Britax Chaperone child seats with model numbers E9L69N9, E9L69P2, E9L69P3 and E9L69P5; the edges of the chest clips on these models are brittle and could cut or pose choking hazards to children in the event of breakage
- Evenflo Maestro child seats model 310; in the event of a collision, the front of the seat corresponding to the harness may crack and put the child at risk for injury
For more information on these and other defective product recalls, please visit Recalls.gov.
If you or your child suffered an injury that you believe was caused by a defective product, an experienced product liability attorney may be able to help you recover financial compensation for related medical expenses and other damages.
Please contact PersonalInjury.com for a free case evaluation and to locate a qualified product liability lawyer near you.