Avoiding Pool Accidents
Summer time is finally here in Indianapolis. Ball parks are open, barbecues are firing up every weekend, and Indy swimming pools are open to the public. This summer, as you enjoy the wonderful central Indiana weather, make sure you and your family are prepared for hot weather and ways to avoid any accidents in or around the pool.
First, always wear sunscreen, even if it is cloudy. If you’re going to be spending a lot of time outdoors, make sure you protect the skin of you and your family.
Second, make sure all young children, especially if they are not great swimmers, are always being watched. It can only take 30-60 seconds for a child to be submerged in to water, and only a couple inches of water to do so in.
Lastly, always drink plenty of water and wear light, loose fitting clothing to avoid any heat related illness, which claim hundreds of lives each year.
In Indianapolis, regarding injury law and finding an tough attorney or lawyer to fight for you, here are some other tips for this summer:
- Keep physically strenuous activities to a minimum during excessively high temperatures.
- Apply insect repellent, because mosquitoes love moist, muggy areas.
- Always wash your hands while handling food, and do not let food sit outside for long periods.
- Always, make sure you have an appropriate amount of life jackets when boating, or doing other activities in deep water.
- Keep an eye out for children in the street. Kids are out of school and they are very active outside with the beautiful weather, always double check for children.