Water Park Accident Attorneys
Personal Injury Lawyers - Representing People Nationwide
Visiting a water park is a great way for a family to escape the summer heat and doldrums. As water parks compete for families business, however, more dangerous rides, such as wave pools and ever more elaborate water slides, are built in an effort to make them more thrilling, and shortcuts may be taken with regard to water parks duty of care towards their patrons. As a result, what otherwise would be a fun-filled day can suddenly become tragic.
What makes water park accidents all the more tragic, however, is that many, if not most, could have been prevented. The most common water park injuries and accidents include:
- Diving injuries
- Slips, trips and falls
- Food poisoning (including salmonella)
- Defective rides/attractions (which contribute to falling off the rides, heart failure from extreme physical/mental stress, back injury, and entrapment, among others)
- Collisions (in rides/attractions and otherwise)
- Exposure to contaminated or over-chlorinated water
A person or entity whose actions, or lack thereof, who/that contributed to any injuries resulting from such accidents could be held liable for the injuries. Examples of potential negligence include:
- Slippery/uneven surfaces
- Polluted water
- Inexperienced or understaffing of lifeguards
- Improperly supervised rides/attractions
- Defective design
- Poor maintenance
- Operator errors
- Inadequate safety equipment
- Concessions not up to health code
- Lack of lighting/shallow end dive warnings
Although proximate cause (direct responsibility) for at least comparative negligence must be shown in some jurisdictions for compensation to be awarded in a claim, the parks management or insurance provider may wish to settle to keep circumstances surrounding an accident from the media. But the victims lawyer must be prepared to go to trial and have a good track record in order to maximize a settlement offer.
If you or a loved one has been injured in a water park, you may wish to consult with just such a lawyer. Personalinjury.com is committed to helping you find quality legal representation.